Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Poha pulau

I made this as breakfast on the day of Diwali. Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal, and it had to be special on Diwali. But I had an exam to prepare, so I whipped this up in a matter of 15 minutes (courtesy: frozen veggie...but hey, they are healthy) and was very happy with the result. I added lots of vegetables and peanuts to give it a twist of sorts :>.

Ingredients:
Poha (pressed rice) 1 cup.
Onion - 1/2 cut into slices
Peanuts - 1/2 cut
Mixed Veg - I used precooked frozen veggie (carrots, peas, cauliflower, broccoli)
Spices: Cumin,coriander, turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Salt


How I did it in 15 minutes....:

Heat oil in a pan. Add onions and the peanuts and fry till onion turns translucent. Add the thawed vegetables at this point. Saute for some more time and add the spices and salt. Meanwhile soak the poha in water for about 2-3 minutes till softened. Drain the water and stir in this softened poha to the pan. Adjust the salt and spice.

Submitting this to Nandita's WBB.